This is a MUST have. Just saying!
The author says:
In this activity, SQUILT stands for
I can’t really say that this activity will be Quiet… I like to have fun and this activity is really a musical listening adventure. It is serious fun!
Linked: Each star-burst is linked to a different listening activity. There are enough linked pages for a class of 20 and several pages have multiple choices, so it is possible to accommodate even more children that way.
Here are a few of the listening activities in this file:
- Listen for location music – Mexico
- Listen for meter of 3
- Listen for meter of 4
- Arrange examples in tempo order: Largo- Moderato – Presto
- Listen for music that matches food items
- Listen for music written during grandparent’s time vs popular tunes
- Listen and tell the story of the music - scary dream
- Listen and identify music for “date night” – orchestra
- Listen for music identifying commercials and TV shows
- Listen and move to musical styles
Lesson flow: There are links to each page and back to the home page for seamless lesson flow. On most pages, there is a funny comment hidden in the choices. The kids love this and can’t wait to hit the jackpot! This would be a great lesson for a music sub… if you dare miss the fun!!Read more at http://elementarymusicresources.blogspot.ca/p/favourite-finds.html#h3iIJho8t7gWrRdv.99